Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cast Interview: Gabrielle Loneck in MISS JULIE



Your Name:
Gabrielle Loneck

Role in this production:
Julie

What's been your favorite role, to date?
My favorite role to date has been Kassandra in TROJAN WOMEN. I have a special place in my heart for ancient Greek Drama.
What's the wackiest experience you've ever had onstage?
Probably the canary scene in MISS JULIE. yeah, definitely the canary scene in MISS JULIE.

What's been the most challenging thing about preparing for this role?
The most challenging thing about this role has been to bring as much of myself to the character as possible. Over a hundred years have passed since when it was written and today and there are concepts within the play that are dated. The challenge for me has been to find what is not and bring myself to that and create a full, living, breathing person.

What's been the most exciting thing about the rehearsal process?
Working with Erin as a director! It has truly been a privilege to work with such a passionate and driven director. I love that collaboration and exploration have been encouraged so much by her. It makes that process so much more enriching and fun.

What parts of yourself are similar to the character?
I definitely have a side to myself that challenges people and ideas around me. I am a bit more reserved than Julie is, but I feel like we both have a rebellious side.

What's next for you (with The Seeing Place, or other)?
Next with The Seeing Place is HAMLET and ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD. I am so excited to move forward with The Seeing Place in Season Four!


MISS JULIE runs March 3-12, 2013
Sun at 7pm,  Mon at 6pm & 9pm, Tue at 7pm, in New York City.
For tickets, click here.

For more info about The Seeing Place, click here.
To donate (it's a worthy cause!), click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're so passionate about creating a conversation in our community - thank you for leaving your thoughts!